With an interesting brand name GOLO diet program has grabbed the attention of millions of people struggling to lose weight. It is an “Insulin resistance” theory focused diet pill.
Major Advantage: Relatively safer to use without serious side effects.
Major Drawback: Insulin resistance is not necessarily the MAIN obstacle to lose weight, hence this supplement is not ideal for all.
Quick Verdict: There are cheaper and better alternatives!
‘One pill or program doesn’t suit all’ is a known fact now.
Losing weight is not as easy as it seems seeing hundreds of advertisements with before and after pics. People who lost weight through bariatric surgery too gain back weight over a few years.
We need to understand a few facts here.
Weight management needs
- Consistent efforts from our side to eat healthily, eat less, be physically very active and work out more.
- Understand your body, find the root cause of weight gain and decide your course of action. You need to know effect of hormones/ hormonal imbalance on your body weight too.
But if you are clever enough, you can achieve it rather easily and enjoy your journey of becoming lighter both physically and mentally.
Let’s come back to GOLO and see whether it is the right choice for you.
What is Golo Diet?
Go lo means “Go Lose Weight” as per its official website. As per GOLO website, “Insulin resistance” lowers metabolic rate and is the root cause of weight gain. “Golo Release” is the name of supplements that are said to cure insulin resistance and bring your metabolism back to normal.
Golo Release capsules are made using 3 minerals and 7 herbal extracts in a proprietary blend whose ingredient-wise proportion in the formulation is not disclosed.
It is said to balance your hormone levels and help you burn the stubborn belly fat.
Interestingly Golo website promises you to
- Lose weight without controlling your calorie intake
- Eat out without gaining weight
Along with Golo Release capsules you also get access to Golo online resources for free wherein you can find meal plans, recipes and simple life changing strategies.
Pros of Golo diet pills and plan
- Stresses the need for treating root causes of weight gain.
- Safe to use as it has herbal ingredients and 3 minerals.
- Prices are in parity with some of the well-known brands. Around $40 to $60 per month depending on the package you select.
- Gives you free access to online resources and guides for weight loss.
- Easy to follow as you need to take only one capsule a day and need not control food or stop eating out.
- Ingredient proportioning is not disclosed, so you cannot really check whether it delivers what it has promised.
- The website claims it is a non-prescription supplement which can be used by people with diabetics too. But as it deals mainly with insulin levels as per their claim, it may interact with diabetic’s medicines. This claim seems to be dangerous.
- Lack of clinical trial backing.
- Fails to explain the effectiveness of its ingredients on insulin resistance. Seems like their webpage is full of claims without any sound backing.
Golo Release is a proprietary formulation containing 7 natural plant-based ingredients and 3 minerals. The key ingredients are organically bound, chelated minerals Zinc Bisglycinate, Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate, Banaba Leaf Extract and Rholiola Rosea. The complementary ingredients are Magnesium (chelated dimagnesium malate), Berberine , Salacia Reticulata Extract, Gardenia Jasminoides Fruit Extract, Apple Polyphenol Fruit Extract and Myo-Inositol.
Obesity and hormones are interrelated, and both affect each other. But it is not just insulin resistance that causes weight gain in every individual.
- Our lifestyle has been changing over a period of time from childhood to this stage just like everyone out there in this world.
- We get used to lower physical activities, but our taste buds always want more food. Life is becoming lethargic and stressful, adding more weight to our body. Work pressures and family responsibilities worsen it further.
- Our genes also matter a lot, otherwise why do the body shapes of children resemble that of parents, grandparents?
- We gain weight slowly over a period of years and try to lose it in a few days/months.
Now decide, Whether GOLO is the one you should go for.
If you feel Insulin resistance is the root cause of your weight gain or inability to lose weight, you may consider it.
Lifestyle changes, leading a physically active life and mind full eating is what we are always for.